Bad Break

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:36:18 -0500

>Well, the unthinkable happened yesterday, and I wished I had been more
>prepared for it.  I somehow managed to fall off the 4-inch step on my front
>porch and broke my left ankle and right hand.  <SNIP>
>
>Carol Beigel
>Greenbelt, Maryland

Dear Carol,
Please accept my condolences! I broke my left ankle while cross
country skiing (which everyone says is "Impossible!") 3 or 4 years
ago, and have lived to survive it! Several folks from the list let me
know about their similar travails, and it helped a lot to realize
you're not the only klutz out there.

Yeah, prop that left foot up on the couch, and impose on loved ones
et al to take good care of you. Be polite but very firm with the
receptionists who insist your orthopod, physical therapists etc. are
all too busy to see you until May. Have someone fetch you lots of
good videos because you've probably already seen too much of Opra &
her gang in the last 24 hrs., and you'll be too uncomfortable to do
much reading.

At least this didn't happen before you had a chance to visit Iceland!

Best wishes & sympathy,

Patrick