Why?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:03:59 -0500

I have no idea why this worked today, but it did.

Un-named new vertical (not important) with a note that stuck only when the
damper pedal was depressed.

The note played just fine until the damper pedal was depressed.

With the damper pedal depressed, I lifted the whippen to get the action
moving without the key..it responded normally..as soon as I pressed the key
with the damper pedal still engaged, the key stuck down.

I eased the front rail bushing and lubed the pin with my new choice of
lubricant (r.i.p. protec) and the darn thing worked fine.

Is there something I missed in my trouble-shooting that will cause this
problem to surface again?..and why would this note only stick when the
damper pedal was depressed?

scratching my head,
roo(k)