treatment for arthritis/hand pain

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 07:42:38 -0800

Terry,

I've had tendinitis at the elbow and carpal tunnel syndrome as well.
The tendinitis went away with use of a tennis elbow brace (the kind with
two plastic forms) and regular use of capsicum cream.  When you first
use the cream, it burns like hell, but within a few days the burning
stops and it is actually more effective when it does.

For the carpal tunnel syndrome I used a hand brace of the kind that can
be gotten in any pharmacy (the bigger, heavier duty one).  The problem
disappeared in a couple of months even without cutting back on my work.

I consulted my doctor, and I recommend you do the same, but I'm
definitely a believer in capsaicin cream and the braces, which I
continue to use as a preventive measure.

Paul S. Larudee