New Baldwin L Advice

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:21:51 EST

Terry wrote:
<<"Rotary cut maple for bridge eigh? Like rotary
cut maple for the supply-house pinblocks.">>

And Ron N. replied:
<<"complete
with radial separations every 3mm or so as a result of taking too thick a
cut, with the (I forget what it's called backing bar that compresses the
wood as it's peeled off to minimize this sort of radial checking) not set
close enough - just like the cheap supply house pinblock material. In the
9-11 ply pinblock,">>

Ron, Terry;
  What supply houses use "rotary cut" pinblock material on other than many-
multiple laminate densewood epoxy/polyester types?
   I have never run across such and I have used block material from several
different sources and several different block types/layers. Let us know which
supply houses use these thingees so we can avoid them.
Jim Bryant (FL)