No subject

Mark Wisner mwissner@earthlink.net
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:49:50 -0800

I wrote;

"I agree. For that market, Yamaha makes the S6   S4
grands.  It's a warmer sounding
piano.  For every "S" piano we sell, we sell about a gazillion of the more aggressive (?) sounding "G" and "C"
types.   As I write this I hear a great, booming
voice proclaiming "The Market Has Spoken"!   But
hey! That's only ONE of the voices I periodically hear, some
of them are frequently mistaken, and maybe this one is too."

Dale replied;

"Are you saying that I might be the booming voice referred to
above and that I might be mistaken? Something was lost in
the translation. If your answer is yes how can my (and
others)xpeireince be mistaken if it is indeed  our
collective experience. Am I missing something or are those last four concert tunings making me groggy? I'm curious how many S type

pianos are made and sold each year?"

My snappy retort;

Nah, Dale, you aren't the booming voice I was referring
to.  What I was trying to say in a light-hearted way  (and what I may
be mistaken about) is that since there is a wide range of pianos to choose
from, new, used, mellow, bright, and everything in between, I assume
that folks are buying what they want.  And what most people are buying
are pianos with lotsa volume and a bright sound. So I conclude that's what
most people want.  Capitalism in action.

As to the numbers of "S" series pianos Yamaha sells,
I already told you, one is sold for every gazillion of everything
else.....  'Nother words, I don't know...not enough,
though.

Mark Wisner

mwissner@earthlink.net