how to respond to customer's concerns...

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:26:47 -0800

I called, as usual, to confirm a tuning for tomorrow. She had called me
initially, since she bought the piano from the store where I floor tune.
(Yamaha T116) So when I called her to confirm, she starting voicing her
concern about having it tuned now, since the "weather is so weird" in her
words.

She asked me if it wouldn't be a better idea to wait a couple more months
for more "consistant weather conditions". I told her, without hesitation,
that since her piano is new, and it's already been TWO months since it was
delivered, that I should definitely tune it now,  as it would most likely go
flatter and flatter the longer she waits, not to mention that by tuning it
now it would help to "stabilize" her piano, help it to "settle down", making
future tunings easier and longer lasting. She agreed, so the tuning is set
for tomorrow as originally scheduled.

I'm very curious to know how the more seasoned pros handle questions and
concerns similar to this. Thanks!

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA