Should he buy the Young Chang?

Jeannie Dalton saltdog@internetoutlet.net
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 21:36:08 -0700

Hello list. A potential customer-buyer of a nice grand is considering the
Yamaha C-5, a Kawai 6'4", or the Young Chang G-208 6'10". He can get the
larger Young Chang for about the same money than the smaller Yamaha or
Kawai. I searched the archives and couldn't find any strong objections to
the Young Chang in the upper price ranges. I told him I'd check the opinions
of folks on this list so that he is happy with his piano (and my advice). He
likes the mellower tone of that Young Chang and does not know whether
voicing would bring the Yamaha or the Kawai hammers to the tone he likes.
He likes the Young Chang best on the floor, but wants to know if he would
regret buying it down the road.

Do any of you know of specific problems of of the Young Chang G-208? Does
the quality of that model compare with the Yamaha or Kawai? Suggestions?
Warnings?  Suspicions?

Thanks,
Jeannie Dalton, associate member