Securing bridge pins with epoxy: was Pinblock Plugs

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:08:35 -0000

Roger:

On most restringing jobs I now repin the bridge and secure the new pins with
the West System epoxy.  In fact, I usually sand the string grooves out of
the bridge and renotch as well.  I think the termination is greatly improved
by both having a pin without string cuts and by securing it with the epoxy.
The tonal benefit was so evident after the first time I did it that I
decided to make it a more standard procedure.

By the way, thank you (and also Jon Page) for the drawings of the hammer
tapering jig for hammers with shanks.

David Love