Music Desk Repair

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:02:15 -0800

Terry:
    Is it like the Steinway where there would be a hinge at the front
edge of the crossmember?  If so, the hinge would be screwed into the
bottom front of the folding part (the panel that supports the music).
The folding part of the hinge would be up: the opposite side would be
flush with the bottom edge of the panel.  This would allow the panel to
fold down, and the bottom edge would rest against the rear edge of the
front crossmember when the music desk is opened.  This would assume that
the rear edge of the front crossmember would have a bevel inwards to
allow the music desk to lean rearward.  Is there a bevel to this
crossmember?
    Another possibility is that there are some music desks that have
metal straps which are screwed into the sides of the music rack panel.
There are slots in the strap which are screwed into the frame in such a
way that the panel can be pivoted into position. I'm not exactly sure
how to describe this. I'd have to check some of the pianos we have on
the floor.
    Not sure if any of this helps.  Good luck
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego

--
mailto:pmc333@earthlink.net