Plastic Lakk

gutlo gutlo@bestweb.net
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:14:29 -0500

----------
> From: Paul McCloud <pmc333@earthlink.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Plastic Lakk
> Date: Thursday, March 15, 2001 1:15 AM
>
> I do a lot of polyester work, and this sounds like poly.  I seriously
> doubt if the damage could be repaired, assuming that it is indeed poly.
> There is no way to amalgamate polyester that is cured.  I have had very
> limited success using super glue dripped into cracks, most often it
> doesn't wick into the cracks.
>     There is a company in Orange County, Esquire Piano that claims they
> can do an invisible polyester repair.  Some day I'll get up there and
> see if this really can be done without refinishing.  If there's anybody
> who can do CLEAR polyester repair of cracks over wood grain, invisibly,
> without stripping, I'd like to know how you do it.
> Thanks
>     Paul McCloud
>     San Diego
>
> --
> mailto:pmc333@earthlink.net
>
> Paul,

If you send me a sample board with clear polyester finish on it, hopefully
cracked, I will attempt to repair it with PianoLac waterborne Ultra Thick.
If it works out, we might have something useful.  If the board isn't
cracked, I'll subject it to the freeze/thaw toture test.

Arthur Grudko, StarHawk Labs, 31 Memorial Ave., Pawling NY 12564
845-855-0996