Plastic Lakk

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:10:55 +0100

Accordign to the owners the piano was dropped. There are two versions of
this.... one it was dropped nearly flat on its back and went KA--BANG...  and
then slid on some ice. The second one is that the piano got dropped off the
truck and landed mostly on one lower side edge. This second fits the visual
damage best. No signs of this being on its back and sliding at all.

I get the feeling that the lakk cracking is probably not related to this
incident, that it was due to freezing. It was indeed ship truck from a Town
quite a bit north of here, and in the middle of the coldest part of the winter.

I will call the family later tonite and double check a few things

By the way... this is clear finish.. high gloss.