Pinblock Plugs

Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM Yardarm103669107@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:35:02 EST

In a message dated 3/14/2001 9:37:42 PM Central Standard Time,
cmpiano@home.com writes:

<< Is it a two part epoxy?
 Will it harden into a solid block?
 What is it's pot life?
 What is its cure time?
 What does thixotropic mean?
 The dictionary says "the property of certain gels and emulsions of becoming
 fluid when agitated and then setting again when left at rest."

Carl:
1) It is a two part epoxy, with each epoxy requiring different proportions of
mix
2) It hardens into a solid block, but in thinner applications will have some
flexibility which makes it ideal for pianos; there are other epoxies of
theirs that are more rigid and have a variety of other uses and
characteristics
3) Pot life is about 20-25 minutes from beginning of reaction to gelling. I
typically use about 8 fluid oz which I preheat in a microwave for 11-12
seconds to get the reaction going, but you will have to play with those times
for your own purposes.
4) Full cure time is 24-36 hours
5) Thixotropic in this use means that the epoxy is self-levelling, that is,
on a large flat surface, it will seek its own level; keeping the work piece
level is important because of its low viscosity and pore-seeking
characteristics.
The phone number for them is 1-262/653-2000, or through their site.
PR-J