Improving Projection..

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:43:30 -0500

> > Hi Terry,
> >
> > We know that slightly softer hammers make a little less volume but
> > often project better than rocks.
>
> Well, they might produce a bit less perceived volume. Actual measured volume
> may well be higher, just at lower frequencies.
>
> Del

Thinking about that you may be on a better track than I.  What is
perceived as "complete" tone needs to have the lower partials well
balanced.  Lower freqs. are less directional and generally fill a
space better than the higher ones at the same volume level.  I have to
think on that idea a bit more.

Thank you Del.

		Newton