Improving Projection..

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:28:33 +0100

Well,, of course one has to bow to years of experience. And if you are so
familiar with these pianos that you can without hesitation recommend this,
well I have no doubt your advise would be sound.

Still, I have to wonder without any knowledge of what kind of condition the
piano is in, (granted we have to assume its kinda beat until told
differently), what kind of room acoustics there are, and what kind of budjet
the fellow is given to work with, just what we can tell him (outside of the
hypothetical) that will really be of much help.

Newton Hunt wrote:

> > Seriously tho Newton... arent you throwing out some hasty advice here ??
>
> Yea, I am.
>
> Two reasons.
>
> 1.  There are several approaches to the problem and having enough data
> to go to any choice is a real time saver.

So... what data did we have ?

> 2.  I know that type of hammer and know how it restricts the piano.

I bow to your experience on this point to be sure. And I would love to hear
more about them.

> Yeah, I give advise but not always the years of experience behind that
> advise.  A failing of mine.
>
>                 Newton

I would hardly call that a failing.... besides... made for some good target
shooting. (shoot... missed again..grin)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.