Plastic Lakk

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:38:26 +0100

Quick little update on this. The piano was packed into a truck (moving van),
supposedly with 5 or 6 blankets around it, and it stayed in there in sub
frezzing temps (-10 Celsius) for 5 days. This is probably then the cause of
the cracks. These cracks typically follow roughly the venner seams, and you
find about the same amount of them very evenly distrubted over the whole
piano. All case pieces seem equally affected. This also strengthens my
suspicion that its not due to a fall, but rather the cold.

I believe, tho am not sure yet.. that it is an epoxy finish. I have an email
out to Knight pianos about this. Thanks for all the input folks. It is mucho
appreciated.
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.