Improving Projection..

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:19:41 -0500

Phil and the list,

For anyone wanting to address these types of problems in a hands-on
environment, we have several classes as well as voicing tutoring at this
year's institute.  For those who or new or those who still have something to
learn (and that includes everyone I hope) fell free to check out the
offerings and sign up!

Click on the link in my signature to go to the convention website.

Hope you find something there to help.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - TEAM2001
July 11-15, 2001 - Reno, NV
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm
Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Dale Probst, RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Phil Bondi
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 6:46 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Improving Projection..

Good Morning Class.

I service a Wurlitzer C-153 that is that is now being used 6 nights a week
in a local restaurant. The last time I tuned it (4 weeks ago!), I noticed
that there was little to no projection coming from this little Grand.

The Piano was bought originally with the 'intent' of it being used 2 nights
a week...well now...since the restaurant is doing well and the patrons like
"wallpaper", it is being used more than what it is really desingned
for..right Roger?!?

The piano sits on a tile floor, so there's no carpeting to soak up the
sound, or in this case, the lack of it.

The hammers are probably as hard as the tile floor, and I will inspect them
at my next tuning (ie: the next time they complain about the piano).

suggestions warmly welcomed,
roo(k)