Opinions Please

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 17:45:40 -0600

Hey List,
In evaluating a piano recently, I considered these questions and I'm curious
what you think...
1)In your opinions, do kinked, dented, or bent (depending on what you want
to call them) wire in the speaking length section near the agraffes and
V-bar of a piano affect the piano's sound i.e., false beats?
2)Does it affect the pianos tunability or the ability to tune good unisons?
3)Would you say that a Steinway D, 5 years old with this condition
throughout the tenor and lower treble is less desirable than one without the
condition?
4)Can this condition be _eliminated_ by any method short of restringing?
  Thanks for your experienced opinions!

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG