Accu-Tune/aural

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:29:38 -0800

Don,

On a quality piano, I will frequently tune the individual strings with
an ETD, single mute style, letting the machine do the grunt work, and
then putting on the final polish with the ear. Listening to (and
"looking at") each string separately gives me some clues as to how I
will go back over the unison aurally (if necessary).

I'll leave it to others to figure out how to prevent those strings from "coupling".
I've tried bundling boards and they're way too thick! ;-)

Tom Cole