Back-Action Traveling

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:36:51 -0600

>Is this unusual? What would cause such a motion? How can it be corrected
>short of parts replacement? Thanks for any thoughts.
>
>Terry Farrell

Hi Terry,
             Sound's as if you have a case of the "double wammy", A bad
flange, and a badly inserted or skewed centre pin through the birds eye.
Take a new flange, size the birds eye with thin CA, and let dry. If you
have a good drill press? you can insert the new pin with a piece of bar
stock in the chuck. With the under lever and flange, well supported and
level on the table.  Use the quill to press the pin home.  It works.
PS I split a second flange to support the opposite end of the lever, at the
same height.
Cheap parts replacement, 2 flanges. <G>
Roger