piano tone...

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:03:18 -0800 (PST)

Based on pianos i've played/heard and recordings I've
heard.  I am almost wondering if the tone I like comes
from pianos that have been through some use like
school pianos or ones like that.  I often finding
myself liking 45-48" and higher uprights over most
grands, although I would probably like a bright 8 or
9-foot grand better.  I don't really like a dull tone.
Sometime I'll have to find a place to post a recording
or a few of a piano or two whose tone I like. (if I
ever get around to it), and also post a recording of
me playing my Ricca & Son 1913 (ser 37123) upright.  I
has fairly good tone, with a few notes that I'd like
the tone changed.  (actually it needs some parts
replacement (dampers, bridle straps, hammers, keytops,
strings, and i forget what else))