Not everyone is welcome !

Charles Neuman cneuman@phy.duke.edu
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:55:04 -0500 (EST)

Terry Farrell wrote:
> Perhaps to join one could just fill out an application, pay the
> fee, and show that they are involved in the trade in some form or
> fashion.

Actually, the PTG welcomes people who aren't in the business at all, like
me. They welcome anyone who supports the Guild's goals and missions.

As for requirements, my membership was accepted before the local chapter
realized that they have a requirement that I attend three consecutive
meetings first. If they upheld that rule, I wouldn't be able to be a
member until the fall.

In any event, because of my schedule and other commitments I can't commit
to attending meetings regularly. So, for now I'm a member, unless the
chapter decides that I shouldn't have been made a member. In that case, I
might switch another chapter, if possible, or perhaps I'll just not be a
member.

They have a right to their rules. I just wanted to support the
organization and have access to more learning opportunities. And the Guild
gets money. So I figure it would be silly to turn me away, but that's
their choice.

Charles Neuman
Plainview, NY