Accu-Tune :(

RustRazor@AOL.COM RustRazor@AOL.COM
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:43:35 EST

In a message dated 3/16/01 11:21:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
drose@dlcwest.com writes:

<<
 Some one should put a stop to this:

 http://www.middlebury.edu/~harris/piano.html

 :(

 Regards,
 Don Rose >>

I know I'm jumping into this thread late, but I don't feel that this product
is anything to worry about.  The first time I "tuned" a piano, it took me 2
1/2 hours and that was using an ETD that tunes 88 notes.  I took me about 30
tunings or so to get my tuning time under an hour and for the store to send
me out on the street.  I tuned probably 500 or 600 pianos before I really
started to feel I knew what I was doing, but the clientele I was serving was
not the discriminating type.

 Anyway...

This machine (for sale around $700) purports to tune only the temperment and
leave the rest to the pianist.

So..

How long before the pianist gets frustrated and throws the thing out the
window?

Matt