ETD vs Aural Unisons

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:26:58 -0600

>While I tend to agree with Roger's theory about the durability of an
>ETD unison vs. a wide but sweet aural unison, it would be nice if we
>could devise a valid, double-blind test of the hypothesis.

Hi Patrick,
                What twigged me to this theory, was observing sales floor
pianos.
A troublesome note that was tuned for the sweet spot, I would notice that
it was often out again within a few days, to the point it would stand out.
The same note when tuned ETD with plucking, would be presentable for quite
some time. Just the lesser of two evils I guess.
I have noted this on a good number of pianos.
Roger