Our History

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:40:19 -0500

Hi David,

You have to go to the very bottom since that was the first message sent out
to a "group" as opposed to individual messages.  It is amazing the clutter
that accumulates, even on our computers.  I didn't know if that message was
kept and transferred to BYU or not.  When "pianotech" was moved to BYU it
became a list server.  Prior to that time it was just a mailing list.

Pianotech was originally set up to serve the needs and issues of College
And University Technicians, CAUT, but CAUT was moved to it's own list
server when pianotech became so populated with non CAUT members that it
become more general tech and less CAUT specific.

> Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1993 9:46 pm EDT (Wed, 21 Jul 93 01:46:28 UT)
> From: Thomas McNeil <MCNEIL@fredonia.bitnet>
> To:   University_Techs_Mail_List <McNeil@fredonia.bitnet>,

We have come a long way since those humble beginnings.

Fond regards to the family.

		Newton