Fix what's not broke?

Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:47:14 +0100

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 3/21/2001 5:10:30 PM, Richard B. wrote:
>
> <<"Is is the pressure of strings
> themselves that will sooner or later "crush" the board... or is it the year in
> year out changes due to seasons that does em in... or what.">>
>
> Yes. :-)
>
>  Actually I hope the 'Sages a deaux' jump in here cause they are more
> technically minded and mo knowledgabler than I.

Me thinks you underestimate yourself far too much here Jim.... or perhaps modesty
? In any case you do pretty darned good in anybodys pinch. I enjoyed very much
your post but would join you in wishing for more opinions, thoughts, and ideas.

>  There is a 'natural' balance in all structures and within that balance there
> is a range of capabilities. Should a 'balanced' structure never be pushed
> beyond its inherent capabilities there is no reason for that structure to
> fail.

Snip snip..

Ok... so, also for the sake of arguement... so'st to get an answer to my other
question... say the board never gets pushed beyond these "natural balance"
parameters... if we may call them that.

Can a board then "age" and develope some tone as a result of that ageing that is
desirable ??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.