never say never..kinda long

Clark A Sprague clarks11628@juno.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 20:41:21 -0500

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:56:50 -0500 "Phil Bondi" <tito@PhilBondi.com>
writes:
> David Ilvedson wrote:
> >
>   If you get the ETD first you will never learn to tune without it
> no
> > matter what people say about EDTs being great teaching devices.
 David,  I have tuned with an ETD since I started 20-years ago, and I
will say that I still use it regularly.  However, this is one you will
hear from that passed the PTG Tuning Exam strictly by using my ears and a
fork, with all scores above 90% except 1 (Excuse: I ran out of time on
one section- I wanted it perfect!  Big Grin).  I know that I may be the
exception, but now I know that I am not the only one out there who used
the Accu-tuner as the great training device that it is.
        I  hope we hear from other exceptions out there!
        Also, thanks to all of you that responded to my post about the
Schiller Rebuilding candidate.  The decision will be up to the owners, of
course, and now they have other opinions to consider.  THANKS to all!
Clark Sprague
Associate member  Hopefully not for much longer!
Detroit-Windsor Chapter