moving instability

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:14:20 -0500

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

Hi,
This morning as I was tuning two U1s in a practice room at the =
university, I used RCT for the first one and tuned the other one =
aurally. To compare afterwards, I moved the first piano so the two =
keyboards would be perpendicular to each other. To my surprise, the =
piano that I moved was flat (this is the one I did with RCT). So, I took =
some readings. In the new position,=20
A3=3D -3.4=A2. I returned the piano to it's original position and A3 =
went right back to 0=A2....
I never thought there could be so much difference just by moving the =
thing around.=20
So, beware,

Marcel Carey
Marcel Carey, accordeur technicien