Fw: Rebuilding Candidate

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:23:41 -0600

>I'm not sure that we have any disagreement about intent. Basically, it's an
>etymological dilemma, a lexical horn, a philological quandary. I just don't
>like the "sense" of the word. While it carries all of the ideas that you
>allude to and is correct in that way, it, for me (and apparently for me
>alone) feels cold. But I'll still respect you in the morning.
>PR-J

Ooooooooo, sesquipedalianism on request ( two dictionaries - no waiting).
But you're absolutely right. The intent is common, but the nomenclature is
elusive. I suppose it's more precisely a rudimentary form of reincarnation,
being a sort of cosmic recycling of some (but not ALL) of the ingredients
from the last batch, with selected additions of new and improved stuph. But
how to describe it?

"Recreation" still sounds like a camping trip, and "rejuvenating" sounds
like you shouldn't stand too close to the old dude without your cattle
prod. For the rebuilder, it's more of an "IT'S ALIVE!" sort of feeling,
with all the background organ music and lightning in the ramparts stuff,
but that's proving to be tough to get across in a one word term without
scaring the bejeebers out of the customers. Rats!

Well, I obviously haven't come up with anything that works so I'll quit
flogging the shadows pending an actual productive thought. I hate it when
that happens.

But I haven't given up.

Ever hopeful,

Until then