moving instability

baoli liu baoli_liu@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:33:31 -0800 (PST)

Dr. Yat Lam Hong has written an article about the
subject in the journal in 1975(or 1976?).
Upright piano with four casters may be "twisted" after
moving,this will cause the pitch changeing;the grand
piano with three casters will not be twist after
moving,the pitch should be stabal.

As for the "badly out of tune" unions you mentioned,I
dont think it's because of the twist,there must be
other reasons,such as loosed or unstable pins,pitch
raise or pitch lower befor fine tuning,etc'.

Baoli Liu