Red Chinese Pianos

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:02:24 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Goodale <rrg@nevada.edu>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: Red Chinese Pianos

The term refers to the government, not the people.   .  For decades
prior to the fall of communism the Russians were
also referred to as "Reds".

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

David Love wrote:

> Joe:
>
> All due respect to your concerns about human rights violations, the
term
> "Red Chinese" is at best pejorative, at worst, vulgar.
>
> David Love

I agree.
If in doubt ask your local consulate (or excnange student) how they
desire to be called.
Otherwise if there is no wish to show respect I wonder why the urge to
show dis-respect is acted on, unless it is out of ignorance. If it is
PRC  (People's Republic of China) I think we should find out and
respond/reply/refer to  accordingly.    ---ric