String breakage again

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 23:19:17 EST

In a message dated 3/28/01 9:22:11 PM Central Standard Time, Maxpiano@AOL.COM
writes:

> Do worn hammers contribute to string breakage?  .......

Yes, Flat hammers causes strings to break. There is too much surface hitting
the strings, and they will vibrate at different frequencies, heating the
strings. I would strongly recommend new hammers.

> Would failure to reshape the capo contribute to breaking strings?  I've
> asked
> but no one seems to know.
>
> I'll appreciate any suggestions y'all.
>
> Bill Maxim, RPT

Failure to reshape the capo might contribute to string breakage, but it would
be more of a problem if the capo was not shaped properly. It might be best to
leave it alone, unless a new set of hammers is still causing strings to
break.

Willem