sandwiched soundboards

Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:55:25 EST

<<
 I have made reference to J. Bauer pianos in several of my Journal articles.
 They did not have double soundboards, they had ribs on each side of a single
 soundboard. These ribs were each about 1/3 'normal' height and paralleled
 each other. In other words, the rib on top of the soundboard was exactly in
 line with the rib on the bottom of the soundboard. Excellent thinking on the
 part of old Julius. And not at all like a double soundboard.

 ddf

Del
My mentor, C. Cook inventor of Cooks adjustable sticker,
just passed away at age 99+ yrs. I remember him having
a fondness for J. Bauer pianos....
they were probably new when he saw them.
I seem to remember him telling me of one of J.Bauers Upright
pianos having been built with either a reverse bearing or reverse crown.
Is that possible?

Mark Ritchie RPT