adjustable keyboard height?

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:13:47 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering how impractical it would be to have
adjustable keyboard height on a vertical piano.  I'm
thinking at least studio size or larger.  What would
you think of using telescoping stickers?  You'd undo a
lever at each end of the keybed area, and slide up or
down to whatever height you wanted the keyboard at,
then redo the levers.  I was thinking locking
telescoping stickers, like in 1 inch or 1/2 inch
increments, with a height adjustment of 30 to 36
inches.  I don't know if it would work or be practical
at all but what do you think of this?