professional and taller verticals.

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:59:10 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone know what are the goods and bads about
some specific tall verticals, like 48 inches and
higher (higher for older ones)?

Some models I'd like to know about are:
Baldwin 6000
Yamaha U5 or U3
Young Chang E-131
Young Chang U-131
Young Chang PE-121
Baldwin Wurlitzer WP-60 (47")
Baldwin 248A
Kawai K60
Kawai US6X
Kawai K80
Kawai US8X
Mason & Hamlin Model 50
Bechstein Concert8
Bluthner Model 132 (Kaessler)
Boston UP-132E
Samick WSU 131MD
Samick SU-131SP
Petrof P 131 I
Steingraeber Uprights (especially 138B and 138K)
Ibach L-132
other Weber, Story & Clark, Pleyel, and Grotrian
uprights (as applicable at least 52 inches in height,
or 48 inches if that's the tallest model the
manufacturer has -- I think Story & Clark advertises a
54 inch model??)  (websites down at time of looking up
models)
Steinway K52 (or other similar models)
Bosendorfer 130CL

What do you think of these pianos and does anyone know
where I could find pictures (not thumbnail images) of
some of them and of their insides? and also what about
older instruments?  What are some at least 51 inches
tall from Pre-1930 that you people like or dislike?