Pleyel action

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 07:53:07 -0600

Hey list, I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with an
1890's Pleyel, Wolff et Cie English style action. It is not the
french double escapement type you would expect but rather a looks
like a variation on the Broadwood style jack action with added,
confusing adjustments. There is an apparent let off rail on the
keypoard side of the hammer rail but also an internal (under the
hammer rail) button as well as what looks like a drop screw.The jack
tail seems to be made up of two parts, one above the other. I pulled
the action out of curiosity, it is working well and I was tuning
under some time pressure so didnt get a great look but enough to know
I hadnt seen one like this before. The piano is in great shape, 3/4
plate with the braces bolted together, over strung and little top hat
looking over dampers. Anyone familier with these?

--
Dave

Dave Doremus RPT
New Orleans