Milk on Keys

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 May 2001 03:55:52 -0000

It think it is likely the presence of certain protein based enzymes that
helps in the cleaning.  Spit also works well for the same reason (no I'm not
joking).  But, I would not use any water based liquids on ivory.  The
hygroscopic property of ivory means that you run the risk of loosening the
glue joint over time.  Best to just rub them clean with a soft cloth.  More
work but safer in the long run.

David Love