Danger: customer moving piano

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 01 May 2001 08:32:02 -0400

I had someone rent a studio upright which I had for sale. They wanted to
save money
and move it themselves. Same thing  :-)   They said they were awful sorry
and was
there anything they could do.  I said, "Yeah, You can buy it".  "That
thing's not worth
$800, they said.   I said,  "Yeah, Not now..."

Cut plugs from the keys for releading and capstan relocation. Remove the
letoff rail
and remove all the letoff screws, drill out the holes a little larger; now
you have a great
grand damper holder.

The balance rail is good to affix to the wall for a tool rack.  The keybed
is a good work surface
for grand action work on top of a piano (padded piano) .  The lid is a
shelf, so could be the lower
panel but it is a good work surface to hold a set of keys.  The music rest
rail is good for holding
hammers, wippens.

All sorts of good items in there.

Jon Page