Danger: customer moving piano

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Tue, 01 May 2001 07:58:48 -0700

Which reminds me that I condemned an upright the other day.  I have only
done this a few times out here in California.  The owner complained of a
few sticking dampers...when I opened the piano I found that the entire
plate/back had tipped forward towards the player about an inch.  Looking at
it from the back you couldn't see anything abnormal!  The sticking dampers
were the least of her problems.  This was a Kimball with a Mission style
case.  I suggested the owner hang the music rack on the wall.  She was
considering using the music rack and kick board for shutters but they are
of different sizes.

David I.