leverage and touchweight

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 01 May 2001 23:41:12 -0400

Hi Doug,

What a wonderful devise you have come up with.  Having that information can be quite
useful.  With what you have described you might also be able to determine the amount
of gram force required to depress a key to just before let-off begins and also how
much the key will lift from the beginning of let-off to near rest position of the
key.  How far down a key goes and tghe amount of after touch is veryh important btu
for action analysis the up and down weight, the averge and half the difference are
esential analysis information for us.

We spend a lot of time taking these measurements and  a few others as well.

I think you have done a magnificent job without any guidance from those of us who are
in the field and I am impressed.

There are those who are true gurus of this aspect of piano work and I especially
recommend you speak with David Stanwood <Stanwood@tiac.net> who can help you develop
your ideas even further.

Very well done indeed.

		Newton Hunt