Oh Nooooooo!!!!

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Thu, 03 May 2001 14:58:30 -0700

I had a major oops today.  Following a panic request by some university
administrators who were having a ceremony to give each other awards
again, I was requested to "immediately" move a piano out of a lobby
area.  It was a P-22 and although I didn't have any help and the moment
I went ahead to move it myself.  No big deal.  I found a student who
helped me get the dolly under it.  With the hard part done I proceeded
to roll it across the campus to the music building.  Now the dolly I use
is custom made by yours truly.  It has two fixed wheels and to swivel,
both 6" in diameter.  It has an oak frame and it rolls like a dream.
Any easier and it would glide up hill.  So no problem, I'm humming along
the sidewalk when suddenly a group of students come walking across in my
path, naturally at a corner where I need to go!  And so.... down she
went onto the concrete with a bang!  A couple students helped me get it
back up again and back on the dolly.  I continued the rest of the trip
with no further problems and only walked away with a few good scrapes.
Unfortunately so did the piano.  It has multiple bashed up corners, a
damaged fall board, and and a broken key top.  Looks kind of like
someone tumbled it down a hill.  Well I told the Dept. chair and he
wasn't too mad about it.  I guess it just looks a little MORE like a
university piano should now.  All it needs is a few initials carved in
it and it could qualify as a high school piano.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV