CP contamination on Yamaha S 400-B

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 05 May 2001 00:51:38 -0500

Hi Mark,
              Some older Yamaha's had a centre pin plating problem, if you
look
at the pins under a magnifying glass you will see score lines on them and some
flaking. The only solution is to ream all bushings and re centre pin 2 sizes
over.
This will get the crud out of the cloth, I also blow them out with compressed
air.  About 25yr old vintage.
Roger