leverage and touchweight

doug condit dougcondit@hotmail.com
Sat, 05 May 2001 02:09:19 -0500

Dear Mr.. Hunt,

Thank you for your kind response.  It would be amazing if I had done what I
have with no input from a piano technician.  I have actually worked for a
piano technician since I was a freshman in high school.  It was because it
took so long to take the upweight and downweight measurements that we
started discussing the idea to automate the measurements.

I met Mr.. Stanwood last year.  He actually came to International Science
and Engineering fair in Detroit and saw my project.  He was speaking to the
ptg there.  Because you forwarded my email to him, he has renewed our
conversation. I appreciate your encouragement. And my device does measure
down weight and up weight and calculates the balance weight and friction
weight from those measurements.