Frequency Accuracy

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sun, 6 May 2001 08:38:26 -0500

I found the following in the archives.

 "Frequency accuracy << If I find one person with an SAT and one with an
RTC and the A-440's aren't the same, who's right? >> Pick up the phone
and have your SAT listen to the dial tone. As far as I know, it is a
square wave 440 cps audio signal. Works in my area anyway. If it isn't
perfect, it is at least good enough. B. Simon Phoenix "
My question. My Accu-Tuner measures the dial tone at 2.0 cents flat on A4. If the dial tone is correct, how does one correct the Accu-Tuner for it is indeed calibrated at turn on? If uncorrectable, do I then offset everything 2.0 cents sharp before taking FAC's?

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, ON, Canada