CPL or Protek ??

Brian Trout trouts_place@hotmail.com
Sun, 06 May 2001 14:37:43 -0400

Hi list,

Just wondering about something.

I feel a little sheepish about asking, but...

I placed an order at Apsco the other day and almost as an afterthought, I
tacked on a small bottle of their "Center Pin Lubricant".  I have never used
their CPL before.  What I was actually thinking about ordering was Protek
center pin lubricant but really wasn't thinking clearly enough about it at
the time to realize what I was doing.

It's not that I've invested much.  The Apsco CPL didn't cost much more than
a soda for a hot afternoon.  But I'm wondering if I should use this just the
same as I've always used the Protek, or would you suggest that I go ahead
and get the Protek and use the Apsco CPL for other things.

What think ye?  Anybody out there actually compared? or know what they
really are?  (anybody notice there's nothing much printed on the containers
to tell you what's REALLY in there.  ;-) )

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you'd care to throw my way.  (And if it's
too volatile for the list, feel free to e-mail me privately.  I like
e-mail!)

Brian Trout
Slidell, LA
trouts_place@hotmail.com