Spurlock shimming method.

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 07 May 2001 12:30:49 -0500

...............now I'm jus a po ole
>mud boy but dat says to me dat de "flying buttress", or the rim assembly,
>certainly do play a hugely large part in the crowning of
boards.........don't
>it?

Hi Jim,
           Now this simple stubble jumper, from the flat land's got to
tinking, Ouch! that hurts.  Now why do they notch the liners and rims on
some pianers, and not on others. And the radius crown fans, also seem to be
fans of notched ribs.  MMMMMMM Can it be they double speak?????????  Nah,
sound boards is not my area. I plain don't understand them. Seems to be a
lot of experts with no real answers, but just some good impirical
observations.
  I'm with Harold Conklin, at this point they are just too complex to
understand.
Kind of like when I ask the question of how the Impedence is calculated,
there is always silence.  And when I have asked about mechanical reactance.
deadly silence.  I have played with Fourier Series approach, but the math
just gets too complex. (Advanced calculus, and imaginary numbers.)  Once we
really start getting serious with Lagranges equations, looking at stored
and dissapated energy, ( just partial differentials equasions) It starts to
get hairyer.  So we should also look at The Rayleigh functions,  that's
energy dissipation type stuff.
 To look at Impedence with out looking at reactance, is a one way trip.
Put a little simpler, If you look at down bearing, you have to look at
opposing force, and it's reaction.
Now I'm going to listen and learn from the Impedence experts, I'm sure they
will make it clear. Since they constantly spout about the subject.

Flame suit on. crawl under my rock, and listening.
Roger