Grand damper felt too thick

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Mon, 07 May 2001 21:48:57 -0400

At 06:16 PM 05/07/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>List,
>
>A Meyer & Weber grand's damper felts in the low bass are too wide, are
>rubbing against each other and preventing themselves from seating
>properly. I can only think of "giving them a trim" with the dremel. Before
>I do this, are there better alternatives?
>Jay Mercier

Jay,
See which parts of the damper felts rub together. If it is just the
expanded flares then possibly only
the bass side of each damper needs to be trimmed with a pair of scissors.
Trimming the bass
side is not as noticeable as trimming treble side. Neatness counts.

Make certain that their travel is correct.

While they are out, polish the damper wire.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net