no tunings, no drivel

Dirk Lindeboom triopts@xs4all.nl
Tue, 8 May 2001 07:57:47 +0200

Hi all!
Thought I might throw a "new" argument into the discussion.
I have the feeling most of you are WAITING for clients to call you for a
tuning, and occasionally calling some yourselves.
In Holland tuning CONTRACTS are very common: we persuade our clients of the
necessity* to tune a piano at least two or three times a year, and then have
them pay in advance for a year. If I don't call them in time for the next
tuning, they'll call me, because they want the job done for that money!
I know it's a culture shock for everyone, but I wonder why it wouldn't work
in the States?!
Greetings,
Dirk Lindeboom.

*: necessary for the piano AND for us!!