Spurlock shimming method.

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 08 May 2001 11:57:25 -0500

>Hi Ron.
>             Interesting hypothesis,  you trying to say that there will be
>no difference with the board supported at the perimeter, or not.
>Well I suggest you put a 100lb weight in the centre of of an unsupported
>board and measure the movement of crown, then do the same with the board
>glued into the piano, and let us know the results.
>Roger

I didn't say that. There will be a little extra stiffness with the panel
glued to the rim, just from the difference between the ribs being a free
end beam outside the piano, or clamped end beam from being glued to the
rim, but that's not short term crown formation nor long term crown
retention. The point was, and still is, that the rim isn't what forms or
supports crown in a soundboard.

Ron N