marking the block

Brian Trout trouts_place@hotmail.com
Tue, 08 May 2001 17:01:05 -0400

Hi Bob,

I've always done two things.

#1) I take a center punch (Ace hardware, $2.99 or so) and mark each tuning
pin hole with that.  If the hole is bigger than the punch, I wrap it in
masking tape until it is the right size.

#2) I take a pencil and mark each tuning pin hole as in drawing a line
around the inside of each hole on the pinblock.

It's redundant, but worthwhile once you realize that you've missed a hole
with one or the other.

By the time I've gotten this far though, I've already fit the block to the
plate and have the plate screws into the block.  I've also already fit the
thing to the piano, so drilling is pretty much all that's left.

That's the way I do 'em.  Haven't tried drilling them in the piano yet.  May
try it someday.  We'll see.

Good luck,

Brian Trout
Slidell, LA