no tunings

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 8 May 2001 17:32:46 EDT

pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com writes:

> Going back to the original question - could it be
> possible that tunings were down because some of the
> customers were not happy at having the piano tuned at
> breakneck speed with one eye on the clock and the
> hectic schedule and found another tuner who spent more
> time taking care of their pianos?
>
> Bob.

This might imply I am not spending enough to time to do a good job. I have
had comments like "Are you done already?", and "Boy, that didn't take long."
This might make it sound like I am going too fast, and that a customer wants
to have someone who spend more time in the house. On the other hand, I have
had comments like, "I'm glad that didn't take long, now I can get on with
what I have to do." So it si not always the time it takes me to tune a piano.

But why would there be any difference between now, and last month when I was
tuning 25 - 30 pianos a week, and between this year and last year, and for
the past 24 years. There have always been slow times. I just wondered if I
was the only one, or if there are others. By the responses I have seen, it
seems to be a nation wide trend.

Willem